- Hunger and energy: Always look for a company that wants your business and presents you ideas rather than processes. A company full of energy will work tirelessly to deliver the goods every time.
- Engaging design and development process: If your agency just accepts your app idea without any engagement to help you refine your proposition, then you’ve picked wrongly. The company you choose should have a well developed process for producing apps, which keeps you engaged all the way. If not, look again.
- Look beyond app development to the bigger picture: Producing an app goes further than just design and coding. The company you pick should also be prepared to advise on marketing and how best to maximise the presence of your app.
- Safe pair of hands: Check the credentials of your chosen supplier, this includes looking at the work they’ve done in the past, testimonials and even asking them to show you their offices or meet the development team.
- Price: Get a number of quotes to get a feeling for the market but always avoid the cheapest deals. The chances are you get what you pay for. It’s best to go for a price which doesn’t break the bank but is from a supplier who hits all the checkpoints mentioned.
By Phillip Hunt CEO of Mobikats Ltd, experts at mobile application development mobikats.com